Friday, July 24, 2009

Make shaye's dorm room.


My friend Shaye is going to a different college next year :( but that's okay because we'll still see each other...sometimes... She's in a triple dorm and her roomies decided on a black and white color scheme with accents. Each room mate gets an accent. Shaye=purple.


I offered to make her dorm stuff because I love her and because school is starting soon and she's been backpacking through Europe all summer. She found this beautiful fabric at Urban Outfitters and a purple jersey sheet set. She thinks I'm only making her a duvet cover...silly Shaye.


I made the duvet cover, which was a bit of a challenge because I don't usually sew with stretchy material. I can't even find the zig zag attachment to my sewing machine! I just kept hearing Tim Gunn's voice in my head, "Make it work, Wendy." Yesss siiirrr!

The duvet cover cute, then I sewed on some buttons and button holes. Then, I cut her jersey pillows in half and made two pillows with the extra UO fabric. Her guests will never have to go without.


This is one of my favorite things in the world! I went to the sewing studio in Maitland and they had this all these amazing books. I found one about printing on fabric. Coolest thing I've ever heard of! I remember printing clothes on my Barbie Fashion Designer game when I was little. I went to JoAnn's armed with a 40% off coupon and got some printable fabric.

This owl was so easy to make and he is so precious. I hope takes good care of him.


There was a little bit more fabric left so I made a floor pillow. I love you Shaye!

No comments:

Post a Comment