Friday, July 24, 2009

Make almond butter.


I ran out of peanut butter which is sad because now I don't have anything to dip my Back to Nature imitation oreos in... I really like the white chocolate peanut butter by Peanut Butter & Co. but the closest place they sell it is at the New Symrna Publix.

The truth is...I hate peanuts, but I love peanut butter. I actually like almonds so maybe that means I'll love love almond butter?...Here's another problem, almond butter is $20 a jar. That is an expensive habit.


So I tried to make it! I just grinded 9 oz of whole unsalted almonds with agave nectar to taste. It is delicious!


I think I need a food processor to make it more creamy but it still tastes good, even with my limited appliances.

1 comment:

  1. easy enough! i just bought almond butter, 6 bucks at trader joes!

    ReplyDelete