Monday, July 20, 2009

Make round chairs.


I was looking at seating for my future dorm room. I needed something small, portable and still cute. I found the perfect chairs on pottery barn kids. Well, kind of perfect. There were minor issues. The first issue being...$110!! And that's not including shipping. They want $40 just for the slipcover. And the chair is intended for small children meaning my butt would probably not fit in it. So the design seemed simple enough, it was a cylinder with another cylinder on top.


I found some ottomans around the house and just made slip covers for them. Total cost= less than $10. The pink/white stripe fabric was on sale at Wal-mart for $2 a yard. The white chair was made entirely out of old clothes. The arm rest is a free people skirt, the bottom is an Abercrombie mini skirt, and the seat is a Democracy dress. I used the rest of the dress to make an apron.

No comments:

Post a Comment